5 Tips for Finding and Securing Your Studio Space
As your business grows, you might find that working out of your home is becoming an issue, whether due to space limitations, client confidentiality or even the need to bring on new employees. When the times comes, you may want to move your business to a location outside the home. There are many factors to consider before making the leap to lease an office/studio space. The below five tips will help you get started in this process.
- Ensure your business can afford monthly, yearly and fixed costs related to leasing an office/studio space.
- Educate yourself regarding real estate terms, like CAM, and how to determine monthly lease payments based on square footage and price per square foot.
- Hire a real estate professional who can find listings for you and negotiate with leasing companies on your behalf.
- Pick a location that is convenient for you and your clients.
- Consider the terms of your lease and ensure the space will fit your business needs throughout the lease term.